Monday, April 03, 2006

Welcome to my blog


Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog!

"Finding My Balance" is destined to encompass many things. To start, it will record my own personal journey into womanhood and will share the experiences I've had and lessons I have learned along the way. We all know that growing up doesn't come with an instruction manual so I think that the best way to help and support other women on their journey is to be candid, open and honest and to share our truth with each other as we discover it.

"Finding My Balance" will also include an abundance of information on learning how to integrate balance into all aspects of your life. Balance is the key to living a long, happy life and I am learning many different strategies that I am eager to share.

Finally, this blog will also highlight BOSU, an innovative and revolutionary fitness training system and philosophy developed by my husband, David Weck. I met David in the spring of 2000 at a fitness facility here in San Diego, CA. I was doing an internship in the Personal Training department and he was in town giving a demonstration of his brand-new invention, the BOSU Balance Trainer. Essentially, it is a stability ball cut in half and mounted on a platform base. Many people refer to it as the blue half-ball and it can be found in most gyms and fitness facilities around the world. It is an amazing training tool, not only for balance training but also for cardiovascular, strength and flexibility conditioning.

Initially, BOSU was an acronym for "Both Sides Up", describing the way you can use the Balance Trainer with the dome side or the platform side up. As David has gone deeper into his training and exploration, BOSU has evolved to mean "Both Sides Utilized" to describe the mind/body connection involved with this type of exercise. It is about applying the principles and lessons we learn through physical challenges to other aspects and areas of life. It is about connecting body, mind and spirit (the trinity) and finding the balance throughout.

BOSU exercise is different from any other training I have done and its principles are refreshing. It's about finding a way to make the impossible possible, the possible easy, and the easy pleasurable. What a great way to workout!

You will find all of these themes running through each of my blogs with all of it describing and forming my growth and development as a woman. Life is one heck of a journey but I'm starting to discover that the journey is what it is all about! Learning to use balance as a tool to help along the way is making my journey more interesting, pleasurable, and rich.

No comments: