Monday, March 10, 2008

Question from a Jen's Corner Reader

This question came to me from a Jen's Corner reader so I thought I would share it:

QUESTION:
Please give me your advice. Do I need to wear shoes on the bosu ball? I feel like my feet are slipping around in my sneakers. Would yoga shoes be better? Or can I use it bare foot? I really appreciate it!

ANSWER:
We love working with the BOSU Ball in bare feet! We've also found that Puma Speed Cats are a good shoe for BOSU-ing in. They seem to reduce some of that slip factor. Whatever shoe you do decide to wear, you want to make sure that it has laces that you can tighten up and tie. I am not familiar with "yoga shoes" but any slipper or sandal-like shoe won't give you the support you need and could make turning an ankle a greater possibility.

If you are doing a lot of stepping and/or jumping onto and/or off of the dome, I would recommend that you wear shoes. However, for exercises that have you standing on the dome, barefoot is great! Just be careful if you are using dumbbells or weights!

Thanks for visiting Jen's Corner!
JEN

No comments: