Monday, November 05, 2007

Welcome to BOSU Fitness and Jen's Corner!


I am so excited that our new web site is finally live! Now that I'm back from my maternity leave, I've been looking forward to being able to get back to sharing my passion and love for fitness, training, and healthy living!

Life is a little easier now that our daughter is 6 months old. I really needed the time that I took to adjust and settle into a new way of life and all of the challenges that come with it! (Who knew that a bout of diaper rash could be so traumatizing and turn your life upside-down?!) Now I am focused on integrating all of the pieces of my life together so that they are a good fit.

Going through a pregnancy (and now post-pregnancy) has given me the opportunity to experience again the process of losing weight and getting back into shape. Part of the reason why I like to stay fit is because losing weight is no easy task! It takes hard work and discipline to stay on track and reach your goals but it also takes a heavy dose of patience and understanding. I find that as long as I stay committed, I know that I will succeed. Maybe not as quickly as I would always like to, but I know that I will get there.

For me, it's a matter of perspective. I really feel that right now, I am probably the healthiest I've ever been because of the lessons I've learned throughout my ongoing quest to be fit. At this point, fitness means a lot more to me than just looking great. It is about being inspired to be the best ME I can be - to live my best life. I know that I live life better when I feel great and I feel great when I am eating well, exercising, and enjoying time with family and friends. It's really as simple as that.

I've spent a lot of time struggling with myself over health, fitness, weight, and diet and frankly, the struggle was exhausting. I've learned many things along the way, however, that are helping me stop fighting myself and start loving myself. It might sound cheesy, but it's true. If you're interested in doing the same or just learning about how one woman has done it, then you're in the right place!

As I've said, I love to exercise, I love to eat well and I love to work on expanding my potential. I'm excited to share the things I've learned and hope to inspire and support those of you who are on a similar journey! Welcome to Jen's Corner and to BOSU Fitness!

1 comment:

leslie said...

I'm so happy to see that you're writing again! Looking forward to following your journey...