Tuesday, November 13, 2007

BOSU on Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray did a segment on her show today about Home Exercise Equipment and one of the 3 featured products was the BOSU Balance Trainer. She assigned 3 viewers to test one of each of the products and out of all 3, the lady who used the BOSU Ball achieved the best results (not surprisingly)!

Check out this link to view part of the segment:
(http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segments/view/human-exercise-lab)

What is great about her testimonial is not only that she was getting an effective workout but that she was having fun and enjoying herself at the same time. Finding exercise you love doing makes getting in shape a lot easier. Over time, however, it becomes important to try new things in order to keep your fitness regime inspirational.

I need to add new elements to my routine quite frequently to keep myself motivated. I love to run but sometimes, I take breaks and start hiking, spinning or swimming instead. Right now, I am enjoying my running and BOSU workouts but I have also returned to my yoga practice to keep myself challenged and learning new things. I am finding that the BOSU work I am doing is making my yoga practice stronger and the postures I am practicing in yoga are inspiring new moves in my BOSU workouts. They are a great compliment to each other and the best way to keep me on track!

The minute our routines become static is the minute we need to make them more dynamic if we want to avoid getting into a rut. I believe that intrinsically, we all want to continue to learn and facing a challenge is good for the soul. It is that type of growth which will keep us truly young and healthy at heart.

No comments: